Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Be still and know...

Psalm 46:10 says 'Be still and know that I am God...' and Romans 8:28 promises this, 'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.'

These passages have stayed on my mind alot in the past few months. Right now, I really need to meditate on these verses. An area of my life has been going nowhere for too long. I've tried too hard and I'm constantly getting frustrated with my efforts. I'm not giving up, I just can't keep trying things my way. I have to surrender this thing completely over to God and be still and let Him take over. I will stop physically trying but I will start praying about this and trusting that God is working on my behalf.

My past mistakes in this area can only have been necessary to get me to where I need to be now, especially since I'm putting this in God's hands at this point, finally! So all my past decisions and mistakes will work together for good and God will work out the blessing that is to come. I love God but I know He loves me more. He only wants me to trust Him now, put Him first, and follow His commands and leading in my life. He has His very best in store for me and I have to always believe this no matter what the circumstances.

So tonight, I am still....

No comments: